KatastrophiK Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KatastrophiK Gaming

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pro Gaming Tips

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TRU7H
Red Captain
Red Captain
TRU7H

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Pro Gaming Tips Empty
PostSubject: Pro Gaming Tips   Pro Gaming Tips EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 11:09 am

This was from MLGpro.com. I thought it might help us out. (it is kinda old but still good info)

We talked to Halo professional LegendJRG about ways to improve as players. He delivered five simple ways to become better:

1. First has to be: don't get angry at teammates or the game. Sure you get frustrated at times, but I see so many people make the mistake of getting angry with teammates and breaking up, or at the game and letting it affect their play to the point where it ruins tryouts and the like.

2. Always give yourself a way out. You should never be making a push without your whole team or not giving yourself a route out if there are too many [enemies] where you're fighting. For example, on Guardian, if the oddball’s blue 2 and you're in yellow and your team is coming from green/snipe, always go the back way near the explosive barrels instead of making the jump so you have a clear way out. The majority of the time staying alive is way more helpful to your team than rushing in and going one for one.

3. Getting the edge in a fight through strafe or movement is another huge part of the game that separates most players. A clear-cut, better position is hardly ever the case and better movement is usually the deciding factor. I find H3 slow at times and play on seven sensitivity, where the general consensus among most players is that it's too fast and have lowered their sensitivity from H2. This allows me to move under players jumping and to turn to shoot them before they do, especially with the increased speed in MLG's Version 2 settings. Now I do realize that most players are on low sensitivity, so decision making is key in each individual fight, but a solid strafe along with the right choice about where to go will win you a fight the majority of the time.

4. Being a good teammate is a concept most want to master, but don't know what it takes to do so. No one is perfect. No one is going to follow every single call-out or go 10-20-5 in every slayer game, that’s not a perfect teammate. It's the little things that differentiate how effective you are as a teammate and it largely rests on your other teammates and chemistry. For example, being no shields and unexpectedly popping out to put just one more shot before running away usually will allow your teammates to kill the person you shot much more quickly and is one of the many little things that can make a player a good teammate. Listening to call-outs and responding to them is always going to be a case-by-case basis and there is no clear-cut path to follow.

You should always try and help if you can, but sometimes you can't and the person making the call-out has to rely on himself first and can't be upset if you do not respond to it even if you were in a position to save him. Probably the biggest thing to being a good teammate is knowing your team, how they play and how they act. Getting to know your team personally, while not always easy, is the best way to build teamwork. Hands down. Getting along with teammates can be the difference between doing well and doing badly by itself and at events hanging out with your teammates goes a very long way to building friendships with them especially if you just met them for the first time.

5. Weapons balance and using them. Being good with all the different guns in the game is not easy, but necessary. You won't always be able to drop your sniper for your team's designated sniper or you never know what will be added to the next settings updates. Point in case is the mauler, which was an unexpected addition to version 2 settings in my eyes. I do think we'll see plasma rifles and a few more weapons such as the sword added back before the first event rolls around and knowing what to use in a given situation is a key factor to your success. Sniping is not as difficult as many people think, in fact it's probably easier than the BR in H3. Positioning is all it comes down to while sniping and being in unpredictable spots. And getting that one extra kill does make a difference especially in Slayer. Picking up a secondary weapon whenever possible is always a good choice especially when it's a carbine. It kills much faster then the BR and is a lot more consistent. On a side note, I would love to see it as a secondary off the start, but that’s not likely to happen.

All-in-all, just having fun with the game on your own is the biggest tip I can give. There are many flaws in this game(Halo 3), such as the melee system or all the random objects on maps that detract from their competitive value, but the competition is what we all are here for in the end. These are just some of the things that I learned the hard way on my road to getting better and becoming a professional player and I hope they help you out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.katastrophik.darkbb.com
STEAL7H
Red Co-Captain
Red Co-Captain
STEAL7H

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Pro Gaming Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Gaming Tips   Pro Gaming Tips EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 11:44 am

I think the best thing we can do is to get everyone good with sniper and BR.
Back to top Go down
https://katastrophik.darkbb.com
PRO7EGE
Red Co-Captain
Red Co-Captain
PRO7EGE

Pro Gaming Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Gaming Tips   Pro Gaming Tips EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 12:28 pm

Everyone needs to get better with the Carbine too because it's a 6-headshot kill and it shoots faster than the BR. You just have to use it at the right times because in a close battle when you try to spray the headshot you are at a disadvantage because you can't spray 1 bullet.
Back to top Go down
TRU7H
Red Captain
Red Captain
TRU7H

Pro Gaming Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Gaming Tips   Pro Gaming Tips EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 12:52 pm

yea the carbine is hella hard but hella easy at the same time. its easy because everyshot is really fast and really accurate but you cant spray. the br is easy cuz it can spray but sux on cross map shooting where the carbine beats it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.katastrophik.darkbb.com
PRO7EGE
Red Co-Captain
Red Co-Captain
PRO7EGE

Pro Gaming Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Gaming Tips   Pro Gaming Tips EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 1:25 pm

It's just about having a sense of when and when not to use it. In the right situations, it's beastly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pro Gaming Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Gaming Tips   Pro Gaming Tips Empty

Back to top Go down

Pro Gaming Tips
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
KatastrophiK Gaming :: General Team Strategy :: Tips and Help-
Jump to: